Meet Our Top Dog at Texas Ruff House

A grey and white terrier mix dog sitting in the grass

Introducing Conan of Texas Ruff House

Hello furiends! Conan here, resident Top Dog at Texas Ruff House, reporting for duty. Our team of pet care professionals have been holding the spotlight on the blog for quite some time, and now it’s my turn to show you how we run things at Texas Ruff House!

 

A grey and white terrier mix dog sitting in front of a door
But first, please allow me to introduce myself properly. I’m a handsome terrier mix, otherwise known as a mutt, as my origins are quite the mystery. The human behind the operations at Texas Ruff House, Carla Tittle, adopted me when I was under a year old. I was a street dog up until that time, but I like to think that I’ve always been a good boy. My family would describe as quiet and calm and always up for whatever they are doing – I’m a real pack dog!

 

 

 

 

A while after I arrived at my forever home, my humans noticed that I was having some issues around men because I would be fearful around them. I would communicate this by barking and not allowing men to touch me. Since then, I’m proud to say that I’ve made quite the transformation and am now comfortable and easy around any strangers I meet! The Tittle family put in the hard work to get me there though, which goes to show that training is all about repetition and consistency. It also helps to have good treats on hand!

 

A grey and white terrier mix dog standing on the sidewalk
Over seven years ago, my home became a boarding house with the launch of Texas Ruff House! Through the experience, I’ve stepped up as pack leader of all the boarding and daycare dogs. Headquarters starts bustling with activity well before 7am when the daycare dogs arrive. I don't have a watch but I do have some nice jewelry.  The boarding dogs get an early morning wake up call from my human, Carla, and greet her with happy wags because they can’t wait to start another day at Texas Ruff House – and let’s be honest, who wouldn’t! Carla tends to the pups and gets them out for a potty break, does their daily health inspection, and refreshes their water.

 

A grey and white terrier mix dog being greeted by a white fluffy puppy
Now that the boarding dogs have been tended to, it’s time for us to receive the daycare dogs. The daycare dogs get placed into their organized centers for the morning, as Carla runs daycare like a school! As the afternoon approaches, the pups start their rotations at allotted times for each activity, like playtime, nap-time, and outdoor recess. I’m supervising all along, of course, making sure everyone is a happy camper! I especially like to show the ropes to newbies to Texas Ruff House, and single dogs are my specialty. It’s not always easy for a pup who’s the only dog in their household to enter a pack environment like ours, so I help them get on-boarded and comfortable around the others. 

 

A grey and white terrier mix dog walking alongside a fluffy brown dog on leash
There’s a lot more to Texas Ruff House, like in-your-home pet sitting and dog walking services by our amazing team of pet care professionals in Pflugerville, TX and the surrounding areas of Round Rock, Georgetown, Hutto, and North Austin. But I like to leave that to the humans because they’re the experts! On a final note, the Texas Ruff House crew likes to say that there are two sides to me: teacher’s pet or rebel! Some days I strut around prim and proper like a gentleman, and other days I like to go wild and get all scruffy. What never changes, though, is that I will eat ANYTHING! I’m probably the least picky pup on the planet, but if you think your pet is my match, I want to know about it!

 

That’s all from me for now!

 

Woofs and Wags,

Conan


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Be on Alert for your dogs! Toxic-Algae has returned

How to Choose the Right Pet Sitter